Thursday, May 31, 2012

Here I Stand

Here I stand two years later, in easily the worst physical shape of my life. Fortunately unemployment didn't last forever and ironically I've ended up in the same job I had at the beginning of my fitness odyssey. However, fatigue, bouts of depression, and physical pain have weathered me into a mere shell of my former self. The old workout crew is long gone along with a large part of my youthful enthusiam, but recently I've discovered a dim yet clearly visible light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Though very faint, the nagging voice of motivation has returned. A desire for change has begun to cut it's way into my until- very- recently nihilistic thought-stream. The aching in my back remains and my love affair with weightlifting has most likely ended for this life, but plenty of people have come back from worse. Over the past several weeks I've logged a few thousand pushups and have cut a tremendous amount of calories.  Back pain won't prevent me from maintaining a healthy diet and keeping up a steady regimen of cardio and calisthenics. I feel the dormant beast of addiction waking from it's hibernation. I will take my body back.

No comments:

Post a Comment